Wednesday 6 July 2011

Egg shampoo and banana conditioner....

My first natural hair care experiment kind of went a bit bonkers.
I found a recipe for a shampoo though that actually worked very good:

1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp honey
1 lemons juice

Mix it all up and leave in for 5 min. I only left it 1 min, cause of my lack of patience.
It managed to give my hair a real good cleanse but unfortunately the smell was a bit off. The egg gave a rather unpleasant flavor to it all.
I found banana to be one ingredient amongst others in one conditioner. Thought the banana could help with the smell. As I only had banana out of the ingredients I used one mashed banana to condition . Big mistake!
The banana was impossible to wash out. Tried brushing it out, hot water, cold water...
Worked more as a mega tangler rather than a detangler.
I broke my "no body products" promise and sent Richard out to get me the most natural looking shampoo and conditioner one can find in a mexican pharmacy.
It took 3 washes to get the banana out. Still have little traces left.
Will keep up the conditioner search and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment