Friday 1 July 2011

Periods and Sunlight...

I've had two significant changes this week from the change of diet.
My period and my tan!
I finished my period a few days ago, it is the first one since I've been on Raw food and Gerson diet.
My period would usually last 5 days and I would bleed quit heavy the first 3 days.
This period only lasted 2 days and I bled about one tablespoon a day and no pains.
At the retreat Victoria spoke about the sun and its healing powers and how we can prevent sunburn by keeping a nutritious diet.
I've been researching a bit on the net and found some interesting articles.
The sun is the only source of vitamin D. Sufficient vitamin D can prevent cancers, osteoporosis, depression and schizophrenia. This information I found from an article by Michael Holick author of The UV advantage.
He also speaks of the hazard of using sunscreen. Using even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body's ability to generate vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreenproducts actually cause disease by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body. You can find several interesting links to sunscreens if you enter the link I attached above.

"It turns out that super antioxidants greatly boost your body's ability to handle sunlight without burning. Astaxanthin is one of the most powerful "internal sunscreens" and can allow you to stay under the sun twice as long without burning. Other powerful antioxidants with this ability include the superfruits like Acai, Pomegranates (POM Wonderful juice), blueberries, etc."- Mike Adams

You can find more information on the sun and vitamin D from Mike Adams and Micheal Holicks at http://www.naturalnews.com/003069.html
I've been spending an hour or two in the sun a few days this week. And what I've noticed is a big change in tan color. Before I would burn easily when exposed to strong sunlight and my skin would go red. This week I haven't burned and I have a golden brown tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment